Thursday, January 28, 2016

Topics Research Summary

1. In other classes I have always enjoyed reading about Gods and Goddesses. They interest me because they are dynamic characters that are involved in life of earth. If I were to do a storybook over this topic I would want to do Vishnu and Brahama.

 Vishnu is interesting because he has a human like form but he is also blue and has four arms making him distinct in his features. One thing I would like to learn about Vishnu is his abilities and avatars. I am not familiar with either of these topics.

 I recognize Brahama from our past readings of Ramayana. I would like to learn more about his relation with Rama and Ravana. I would also like to learn about his wives.




(image source: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva
with Saraswati, Lakshmi and Paravati)

2. Whenever there is a story about Gods and Goddesses there is usually a Hero or Heroine to go with it. I would be open to doing a story book or portfolio about a combination of Gods and Heroes.
 One hero, of course, would be Rama because of my previous knowledge of him. I like his courage and drive so it would be easy to write about the Ramayana story. I would like to do more research on his relationships with his brothers, mother, father, etc.

Since I am interested in the God Vishnu I would also like to look into his avatars his other avatar Krishna.


3.  Animals in the epics are a unique part of the class that I would base my storybook on because of the variety of parts an animal plays to each epic. I also enjoy animals and think it would be entertaining to make up stories about them. 

 I would like to learn more about the part animals play. Sometimes they are Vahana which is just a vehicle for a God but sometimes they can speak and interact with the hero or heroine. When studying animals I think I will also learn more about Vishnu and his avatars.


4. One idea I have for a Storybook is the family heritage within epics. The more I read about different epics the more I see how they are all somewhat connected. The family heritage is a little hard for me to keep up with though.

 I would like to learn more about the theme of brother hood that was one of the central themes for Ramayana. Another relationship that confuses me is the relationship Rama has with his father Brahama who seems to be absent most of the Ramayana story.


No comments:

Post a Comment