Friday, January 22, 2016

Week 2 Reading Diary Continued: Ramayana

I took a couple days between reading part A and part B so I had to go back and review what was happening in the story before I moved on. I will know for next week that it is easier to just read both sections at the same time. One thing I would change about this story is the format in which it is set up. I do not like having to click between links to find one story. This creates a lot of clutter in my tabs and makes it difficult to find where I am in the story. Another thing that has helped me in reading this is giving the characters nicknames that I can pronounce in my head.

  • Rama's brother, Bharata, is loyal to him and he promises to not sit on the thrown but instead save it until Rama got back.
  • Bharata is a good brother and good son because he does a proper funeral for his father but still plans to help his brother 
  • Bharata cannot convince his brother to come back wth hm so he takes his sandals to represent him which think is kind of strange because how would the people know that they were rama's shoes but I guess they would just know the fact that they are golden

  • Bharata, Rama, and the golden sandals.

  • Rama and Lakshmana fight demons in the forest who have special powers
  • Ravanas sister ( Shurpanakha) Falls in love with Rama but rama love sita
  • Shurpanakha fights dirty and goes after sita 
  • Sita is mesmerized by a golden deer and begs Rama to go get it
  • Maricha is evil and can disguise himself and make himself sound like Rama
  • Sita is strong in her will against Ravana when she is captured 
  • It ends with Rama and his brother still on their voyage to find sita

No comments:

Post a Comment