Thursday, February 4, 2016

Week 4 Reading Diary Continued: Sita Sings the Blues

I am glad I have chosen the video so far. It is fun to watch and I think it will be easy to write a story about this video, although I don’t think my humor will be able to stand up to theirs. This video can be found on YouTube.

A Screenshot of Rama sending Sita into exile
Sita Sings the Blues
  • ·         It starts back with Nina (the back story girl) receiving an email from Dave saying to not come back to India which is sad
  • ·         I still don’t understand the point of t he back story
  • ·         I now understand that Rama exiled Sita in order to have respect from his people but he did it in a shady way.
  • ·         Also I have not see Lakshmana in this story
  • ·         Sitas children praise Rama even though he cast sita out
  • ·         Rama is in the forest and he finds his sons and he lets them all return to the kingdom except for sita because she has to do another purity test
  • ·         Sita dies?
  • ·         In the back story Nina reads the Ramayana and I think she relates it to her life a little bit




No comments:

Post a Comment