Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 7 Reading Diary: Epified Mahabharata


This week we are revisiting The Mahabharata in a different version. I have chosen the video option because it helped me last time in getting a better understanding of The Ramayana. I hope that this film will help me understand both the plot and characters better.

  • The film is split into short episodes verses one big film.
  • Queen Ganga seems brutal
  • Ganga and Shantanu's either son does not die and he is trained in the art of war
  • After Ganga leaves him Shantanu falls in love again but he cannot be with her.
  • The video remind me of a draw my life video (a popular video on YouTube)
  • Devavrata vows to never marry
  • I struggle with the way this story is told in the videos. The names are said very fast and I am not able to understand what the narrator is saying much of the time
  • Bhishma brings three princesses to his king
  • I do not recognize the Umba 
  • I now realize the narrator is saying Amba
  • After being taken with two other princesses, Amba is rejected by both kings and she is angry at Bhishma for taking her
  • Sage Parashuram fights Bhishma for Amba but they are too evenly matched and Bhishma wins because of his will
  • Bhishma finds out he has a brother named Vyasdeva
  • Vyasdeva is ugly but he has three sons with three different women: Dhritharashtra, Pandu and Vidu
  • Gandhari marries Dhritharashtra after blindfolding herself
  • Kunti and Pandu
    Wikimedia
  • Kunti can summon Gods and had a son with the sun God
  • Pandu will die if he gets intimate and doesn’t return to the kingdom 
  • The Pandavas are born 
  • Margery kills herself after Pandu dies
  • It ends with Dorna teaching the Pandavas own to fight and we learn about

This film of The Mahabharata was made by Epified

No comments:

Post a Comment